Senior Associate - L2 contorls
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience1 - 5 Years
Job Views: 72
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 659 Days ago
The Accounting Control team performs a key role in maintaining the quality of the accounting control environment that underpins the Finance reporting processes: Group Head Office reporting, Statutory reporting, Regulatory reporting and internal Performance Management reporting for the Regional platform.
The objective of the AC Level 2 control team is to provide independent assurance that Level 1 controls (i.e. controls that are performed to ensure the accounting data is complete and accurate) are properly executed and that Group, CIB and local accounting control policies (inc the minimum control standards defined in the Standard Accounting Control Plan) are implemented appropriately. This Level 2 control framework includes periodic detailed testing of the documented controls that underpin the Regional accounting ledger balances and specific testing/review of balances and processes in accordance with the BNP Paribas control policies.
The role will require regular interaction with other Finance teams in Region and Mumbai and other control functions and provides the role holder with a broad view of the activities and processes in the Finance function and other functions on which Finance is dependent.
Roles & Responsibilities
Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting control of BNP Paribas entities for UK.
- Drive the account owner sign-off and first level accounting control certification process
- Perform and document accounting controls and analysis
- Contribute to the automation of certain accounting control processes and the standardisation of booking schemes among entities.
- Contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting controls on a list of key areas defined by the BNP Paribas Standard Accounting Control Group Plan, including deal and position reconciliations, nostro reconciliations, manual entries, dormant accounts, risk rating and provisioning, intercompany reconciliation, internal deals, FX sell-down etc.
- Identify system / control deficiencies and propose solution to improve the accounting control environment
- Ensure that the Accounting Control Repository Database is updated with the changes in accounts, controls and ownership
- Based on the Accounting Control Repository Database, generate and release the Account owner sign-off and first level control certification packages
- Monitor account and 1st level control sign-off and escalate problems identified.
- Contribute to the preparation of the “Entity Control Reports” that provides Chief Financial Officers with an overview of accounting control outcome on a monthly basis.
- Monitor Accounting Control outcomes through key performance and key risk indicators
- Prepare ad hoc control memo upon request when an issue is identified.
- Ensure the good coordination with the Regional Financial Reporting team, in particular whenever an accounting issue needs to be addressed
- Participate to Finance Projects linked to Accounting Controls
- Contribute to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
- Report incidents and accounting issues.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Qualified Chartered Accountant
2. Accounting degree or equivalent
3. 1 to 5 years experiences on accounting audit or accounting control
4. Banking (mandatory)
5. IFRS knowledge (Preferable)
6. Solid understanding of financial instruments and developed skills in analysis of business supporting processes from accounting control perspective
7. Knowledge of Investment banking products
8. Strong organizational skills, rigorous, and self-disciplined
9. Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
10. Good communication skills, (i.e. writing, listening, presentation)
11. Advanced technical skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
12. Former audit experience or experiences on the accounting controls within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services (mandatory)
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.