Senior Analyst, State and Local Tax
Work locationDelhi NCR
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience3 - 5 Years
Job Views: 71
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 456 Days ago
The Senior Analyst, State Tax is responsible for state and local tax (“SALT”) compliance and state tax reporting in compliance with tax laws and regulations and maximize tax savings opportunities that contribute to shareholder value.
• Manage the preparation and review of state income and franchise tax returns and ensure timely and accurate reporting of State & Local income taxes by identifying, researching and evaluating tax positions. Prepare and review state estimated taxes.
• Assist with preparation and review of SALT sales and use tax returns and nexus studies.
• Prepare and review state income tax provision and reconcile state tax accounts.
• Support state tax audit initiatives by assisting with the preparation of response to information requests.
• Stay current with tax law changes and monitor developments in state tax law and analyze the impact to Mastercard and communicate changes with management.
• Research and analyze various SALT issues and stay up to date on post-Wayfair tax guidance and ensure compliance across the US.
• Work with internal stakeholders including HR, controllers group, and our GBSC to ensure data is received and analyzed effectively.
• Assess and maintain a strong internal control environment under Sarbanes-Oxley for all SALT processes and workstreams.
• Suggest tax process improvements to increase efficiencies.
• Maintain tax calendar to ensure timely filing obligations.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
• BA Accounting; CA, CPA preferred - 3-5 years of exp
• Corporate tax experience with an emphasis in income tax accounting and compliance. Large corporate experience and/or big 4 accounting background preferred.
• Technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations. State and Local focus preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manipulate large data to extract relevant information for analysis.
• Ability to organize, manage and work effectively to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Proficient in the use of tax return preparation and/or tax provision software; familiarity with CorpTax is a plus.
• Working knowledge in Hyperion and or Oracle Financial Systems is a plus.
• Experience with other technology tools including Microsoft applications and other data analytic tools such as Alteryx.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in all functional areas of the Company.
• Ability to work in a high-performing team environment.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.