Manager, Internal Controls - Finance & Operations
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience5 - 7 Years
Job Views: 147
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 761 Days ago
Reporting to the Director in the Western Digital HQ in San Jose, CA, the Manager will assist in leading and executing projects for the SOX pillar for both the US region and globally, assisting in the SOX function day-to-day management as well as working on improving projects in collaboration with the other internal audit pillars, business process owners and IT Compliance function.
Day-to-day supervision and execution of projects in the SOX pillar for the US region and globally including:
- Assisting in performance of annual SOX scoping, materiality and risk assessment
- Assisting in development of the overall SOX program plan including the detailed timeline and resource planning
- Implementing the SOX program, including interactions with the internal and external stakeholders, coordination of the planning and testing phases across the global business and IT functions
- Maintaining SOX program documentation on methodology, quality, testing templates, flowcharts etc.
- Delivering SOX related trainings to the finance, IT and internal audit functions
- Maintaining status dashboards for all phases and aspects of the SOX program, reporting to the Director and other relevant stakeholders
- Assisting in reviewing controls documentation, testing approach, and fieldwork execution for SOX related work, as needed
- Serving as a single point of contact for ongoing communication with the external auditors team with regards to all aspects of the SOX program on the business side and liaising with the business to execute on the SOX program throughout the year
- Developing, cultivating, and growing relationships with key stakeholders across various business functional and operational areas
- Developing, coaching, and mentoring staff, seniors, and managers in Internal Audit
- Developing, delivering, and supporting career development and training for staff, seniors, and managers in Internal Audit
- Assisting in the maturation of the data analytics function, including working to audit robotic process automations, application controls, and other IT dependent controls in close coordination with the data analytics and IT pillar teams
- Assisting with continued development and refinement of strategy, structure, operations, and model for the Internal Audit SOX PMO function as part of the leadership team
Roles & Responsibilities
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Work experience: 5+ years of progressive work experience required. Strong preference for background with a large public accounting firm and some US Public Company Internal Audit experience
- Certification: CIA or CPA (or equivalent) professional certification strongly preferred with expectation of base certification shortly upon hire if not already obtained. Preference for additional certifications including CIA, CPA (or equivalent), CISA, or PMP.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with focus on Accounting, Information Systems, or Finance required. Preference for a Master’s degree.
- Internal Audit Project Execution Skills: Risk assessment, testing, sampling, review, root cause analysis and evaluating of deficiencies, audit reporting, and some consulting skills required.
- Internal Audit Operations Execution Skills: Outstanding project and time management skills required.
- Internal Audit Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of SOX theory, materiality, scoping and COSO 2013 framework. Knowledge of SOX best practices and methodology
- Ability to understand and analyze business process end to end, articulate risks and execute independent judgement
- Understanding of IT-related controls and IT-dependencies as an integral part of the business processes
- Recent experience with global public multilocational audits leading multiple SOX cycles required. Technical skills in data analytics is a plus.
- Internal Audit Soft Skills: Ability to conceptualize and apply judgment across a number of finance, operations, compliance, and cross functional areas, constructively assisting with difficult conversations, excellent presentation skills, ability to assist in influencing and managing expectations of stakeholders, coaching and developing team members, relationship building, and business partnering skills required.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills required. Secondary written and verbal language skills a plus.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel throughout globally - up to 10%.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
You can apply using 2 options:
1. Apply Online at the link below
2. Send CV directly to HR to the email below (see under How to apply Section)
Email Subject - "WD - Manager, Internal Controls - Finance & Operations"
In the email, please mention
- your current location
- are you willing to relocate
- your current employer and position
- other notes: your ca final results (rank, attempt, exemptions), your articleship firm
For latest job updates, join the follwing telegram group
Group for discusscion: https://telegram.me/ca_freshers_exp
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.