Manager - GDC
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience5 - 7 Years
Job Views: 86
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 531 Days ago
The manager will be predominantly responsible to –
Audit Service delivery -
- Be a coach / mentor to a team of Seniors and Associates and train them to deliver high Quality industry specific work on time and within the time estimates made and agreed with the US engagement teams.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key KPMG US industry leaders and contacts to grow GDC business through -
- Establishing expectations of value to be delivered on the engagements worked on from GDC
- Building industry specific knowledge and capabilities within the GDC teams
- Work closely with the ET to transition new engagements and services to GDC while maintaining high quality
- Identify opportunities to standardize and optimize audit processes across a portfolio of clients and the industry to improve efficiency
- Develop an understanding of KPMG (US and specific to GDC) Quality and Risk Management procedures, and ensure these are embedded into the GDC team's work papers
- Proactively discuss audit procedures with the GDC teams, allocating right resources (wherever needed) to work and monitor performance against standards by performing continuous reviews
- For identified engagements perform high level reviews of work prepared by GDC teams with a focus on industry specific procedures and enhance conceptual clarity of GDC professionals
- Monitor and manage key industry specific Performance Quality metrics for the GDC teams
- Understand scope of GDC offerings across all lines of businesses to provide innovative solutions for engagement teams’ needs
- Demonstrate professionalism, industry competence and clarity of communication when dealing with the ET
- Provide innovative solutions and explore opportunities to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery in efficient ways
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team's skills on industry specific areas of work
Roles & Responsibilities
Manage people –
- Be a performance manager to guide and coach GDC professionals on career advancement and provide continuous feedback throughout the performance year on their development areas
- Actively participate and lead overall performance development and feedback process at team level and at overall GDC level
- Take steps to inculcate the GDC Culture in his/her team and strategic measures to improve the overall GPS Score of the organization
Lead projects –
- On business and industry specific knowledge development initiatives at GDC
- Lead / participate in firm’s strategic initiatives and/or corporate social responsibility programs
- Improve operational effectiveness through measures of improving people utilization and generating efficiencies
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Qualified CA/US CPA/ACCA and minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Finance & Accounting with first division (60%)
- 5– 7 years of post-qualification experience along with strong Articleship experience from a mid-size or a Big 4 firm in case of CA OR
- Relevant audit experience of at least 7 years in case of possessing certifications other than CA
- Experience with Big 4/leading Audit firms or their shared service center would be preferred
- Experience in US Insurance (Life, Non- Life and Health) industry integrated and Non – integrated financial statement audit or auditing experience in Financial Services entities
- Knowledge of US GAAP and international auditing standards
- Excellent MS Excel skills, working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong English communication abilities (Oral & Written) and effective audit documentation skills
- Should possess strong project management,leadership,coaching counselling and supervisory skills
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality consciousness
- High-energy, independent decision making capability with ability to manage priorities and conflicts with prioritization skills
- Be a quick learner and demonstrate adaptability to change
- Resilient and demonstrate ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives through influencing, negotiation, collaboration and relationship building skills
- Should be willing to and capable of delivering under tight timelines, basis the business needs including working on weekends/holidays
- Should be open to travel to US on short and long term assignments
- Should have a strategic bent of mind.
KPMG is a leading professional services firm comprising over 174,000 professionals who work together to deliver value in more than 155 countries through in-depth industry insights in Audit, Tax & Advisory.
KPMG Global Delivery Center (GDC) is a robust global delivery platform comprising of a talent pool of 1,400+ professionals in Bangalore & Kochi. GDC provides Audit & Advisory professional services to KPMG US & Canada while complying with both regulatory and KPMG US audit Engagement Team (ET) standards. GDC provides services in various industries/sectors including Investment management, Insurance, Banking, Building Construction & Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Healthcare & Life sciences, and Consumer Markets.
By incorporating GDC into the delivery model, KPMG member firms are realizing competitive advantage through the consistent quality and efficiency, thereby enabling US and Canada audit Engagement Teams to focus on high risk audit areas.
Job - 21000504
Interested candidates please send the CV. Your CV will be referred directly to company HR. If you get shortlisted, our mentors will also try and help and guide you with interview.
SUBJECT LINE - "KPMG GDC - Manager - Bangalore"
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.