Manager, Content Accounting - India
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience10 - 15 Years
SkillsCA Jobs in Mumbai
Job Views: 83
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 524 Days ago
Key SkillsCA Jobs in Mumbai
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. We are looking for new talent to join our Content Accounting team to help us as we grow our content slate in India. The Content Accounting team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of content and content-related transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP. The team is seeking a Manager to be based in Mumbai, reporting to the Director of Content Accounting (Local Language Originals & Acquisitions).
Do you want to have a leadership role in assessing and deciding how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy using and analyzing data to affect critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues here at Netflix who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in streamed content accounting and to be the first Content Accounting team member based in Mumbai.
This role provides you the chance to be a leader on a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is around the world and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing and worldwide expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with teams in our Mumbai office, including the content finance/international finance, tax, legal and acquisition organizations. This will be across content verticals, as well as studio teams.
- Assist the Los Angeles based accounting team members in ensuring the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
- Oversee the accounting of content and content-related contracts for our licensed and owned titles coming out of our India Content teams.
- Review documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting backed by a Postgraduate degree in accounting like a Chartered Accountancy degree/CPA or equivalent. Some work experience in accounting work at a large multinational audit firm is required.
- Entertainment experience is not required (but preferred), however, you must have a strong accounting background and be comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance under Indian GAAP (with a strong understanding of the differences to U.S. GAAP).
- You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
- You have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know-how to listen to others, prioritize issues, and when to escalate matters.
- You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
- Flexible to collaborate with our U.S. and other offices across multiple time zones. Willingness to travel overseas.
Apply directly at the link below
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.