Manager Compliance Assurance Control Testing
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience6 - 10 Years
Job Views: 254
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 540 Days ago
Compliance Assurance Controls Testing (CACT) is a new division, situated within CA, responsible for determining the effectiveness of the Group’s financial crime and regulatory controls, independent of Control Owners (who are responsible for day-to-day monitoring). CACT covers all Financial Crime (FC) and Regulatory Compliance (RC) risk taxonomies across all businesses, functions and geographies of the Group. The division assesses, on an end-to-end basis where possible, the effectiveness of prioritised FC and RC controls embedded in the first line of defence and those operated by the second line on their behalf, and represents an integrated part of the function in discharging its assurance responsibilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager Compliance Assurance Control Testing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- At a high level, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Map processes of assigned controls and identify the main control components within that end-to-end process.
- Document distinct control types, covering key aspects, such as remit, main processes and handovers to other teams.
- Evaluate assigned controls for operating effectiveness, document results and raise issues as appropriate.
- Assist the VP/AVP in the delivery of assigned control assessments and ensure that assigned control assessments are accurate, effective, abide by CACT procedures and templates, and meet quality control requirements.
- Ensure that assigned control assessments are delivered on time, in accordance with the CACT assessment plan.
- Evaluate the root cause analysis for all material issues and remediation plans in places to ensure that they are sufficient and fit-for-purpose.
- Perform issue closure validation to ensure risks are sustainably remediated by First Line of Defence.
- Support the VPs/AVPs as required, including creating customised testing methodology and testing templates.
- As required, on a rotating basis, support regional CA teams to execute their assurance obligations through remote execution of local reviews and in line with standards set by the CA team commissioning the work (staff augmentation).
- Effectively communicate with local stakeholders during the process of review work.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience in financial services compliance, testing, audit and/or legal management experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of financial crime and/or regulatory compliance and/or the aptitude to develop this understanding in good time, and knowledge of relevant regional laws, regulations and the overall regulatory environment preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field such as business, finance, law or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to multi-task and working independently under pressure to tight deadlines in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Experience of process mapping and delivering professional reports and presentations gained within a financial services organisation or audit/consulting practice.
- Awareness of good risk management and governance frameworks including 3 lines of defence criteria
- Understanding of the activities of relevant business lines and associated compliance risks.
- Ability to foster relationships whilst providing adequate challenge and effecting change.
- Experience utilising assurance automation and analytics tools preferred.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and to engage with HSBC staff within the functions.
Job Field: Risk and Compliance
Role Workstyle: Hybrid Working
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Job Posting: 03-Dec-2021, 08:12:03
Closing date: 02-Jan-2022, 18:29:00
Send CV to the email below (see under How to apply Section)
Email Subject - "CA_HSBC_CACT_Bangalore"
In the email, please mention
- your current employer and position (if any)
- No of years exp (post quaification)
- your articleship firm
- other notes: your ca final results (rank, attempt, exemptions),
- your current location
- are you willing to relocate
For latest job updates, join the follwing telegram group
Group for discusscion: https://telegram.me/ca_freshers_exp
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.