Internal Control Specialist
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience3 - 5 Years
Job Views: 22
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 119 Days ago
This is a Global Business Service - Finance Expert Services Internal Control (GBS FIES IC) Specialist role, reporting to the GBS FIES IC Manager in the Global Business Services which is in Bangalore, India. As GBS FIES IC Specialist, you will provide internal control services to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Executing activities as first line of defense to ensure businesses, Global Business Service (GBS) receive needed hands-on support timely.Supporting, guiding and managing the design, development and maintenance of effective risk and control management practices.
- Supporting process design enhancements to standardize processes and controls (in coordination with global process owners) to simplify and rationalize the control environment.
- Supporting process reviews to identify sustainable control improvements, performing quality reviews to ensure high quality risk and control execution. Gathering business insights for operational management to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Supporting the implementation of local or group wide methodology changes and training delivery. Ensuring that the Internal Control methodology is strictly implemented and maintained. Driving the remediation and deficiency assessment process and proactively working with the process and control owners to establish proper remediation plans.
- Supporting the assessment of deficiencies and their underlying root causes. Monitoring and guiding the management in the timely and sustainable remediation of deficiencies.
- Delivering periodic training and expertise to process owners, control owners and control performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities and increasing the awareness on the importance of risks and controls.
- Establishing constant and transparent communication with Businesses, GBS and Corporate Assurance Risk and Internal Control (ARIC) on relevant matters. Participating in global Assurance, Risk and Internal Controls initiatives and projects (where applicable).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or Business Administration, a Master is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas.
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the area of process improvements.
- Solid understanding of internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Required high degree of flexibility, service-oriented mindset, solid commitment to quality and continuous improvement, can do attitude.
- Sound working knowledge of ERP systems preferably SAP.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral with strong intercultural skills. Fluent in English, local language is a plus
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.