Core Assurance - Senior / Asst Manager / Manager
Work locationDelhi NCR,Hyderabad,Kolkata,Chennai,Bangalore
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience1 - 10 Years
Job Views: 153
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 564 Days ago
EY GDS is hiring Experienced CA's / CPA's / ACCA for it's Assurance service line across multiple locations.
*Qualifications and experience* - CA with 1-8 years of relevant post qualification experience for various positions - Senior / AM / Manager
*Job location* - Gurgaon/Chennai/Bangalore/Kolkata/Hyderabad/Kerala.
|Job Code||Job Title||Location|
|BLR00ANU||Asst Manager - Core Assurance||Bangalore|
|CHN000KZ||Asst Manager - Core Assurance||Chennai|
|BLR00ANL||Senior - Core Assurance||Bangalore|
|CHN000KX||Senior - Core Assurance||Chennai|
|HYD001Z3||Manager - Core Assurance||Hyderabad|
|KKT0008E||Manager - Core Assurance||Kolkata|
|GGN004NU||Manager - Core Assurance||Gurugram|
|BLR008WT||Manager - Core Assurance||Bengaluru|
|CHN000HG||Manager - Core Assurance||Chennai|
Roles & Responsibilities
Senior / Asst Manager - As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements.
- Lead an engagement from the GDS front and ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY Global Audit Methodology and in line with the Global team expectations.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of aligned engagement and EY GAM while performing reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of EY tools to make reviews more efficient and meaningful.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key EY Global counterparts like
- Assurance executives based out of Americas or Europe.
- Develop an understanding of EY Quality and Risk Management procedures and ensure these are embedded into the engagement team’s work.
- Proactively discuss workflow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and Global teams.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
- Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond.
- Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and supervise team members.
- Be responsible for various operational matters related to engagements aligned.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
Manager : As a GDS Assurance Manager, the individual should be a qualified accountant with excellent leadership skills. The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across Americas and Europe, and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles.
- Support a portfolio of engagements, by leading a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Associates
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY methodology and in line with the engagement team’s expectations
- Demonstrate strong understanding of EY methodology in service delivery and supporting various quality projects, such as pre-issuance reviews, assurance quality reviews, efficiency projects and others
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team counterparts, such as Assurance executives based in Americas or Europe
- Develop an understanding of EY Risk Management procedures, and ensure that these are embedded into the engagement team’s work
- Work closely with the engagement team to transition new engagements and services to GDS Assurance while maintaining the highest levels of quality of service
- Proactively discuss work flow management with the engagement teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and engagement teams
- Establish expectations regarding value to be delivered to the respective aligned GDS or engagement teams
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS Assurance
- Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond
- Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team
- Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing teams
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training.
- Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team’s skills
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and inclusiveness, trainings, and others.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
We’re looking for candidates who possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent communication and leadership skills. GDS seniors would have associate level personnel to work with at GDS and get the tasks executed from them along with performing a review as a senior, which is defined by the Global client serving assurance teams.
- Qualified Chartered Accountants (max 5 attempts) / CPA / ACCA
- Good IFRS, Ind AS, Indian GAAP exp
- Articleship with other big four or mid-tier accounting firms
- Proficiency in MS – Office and Outlook.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Experience 1-3 years with Mid-or top-tier accounting firm focused on external or Assurance reviews OR MNC or larger domestic Indian companies, preferably within a Shared Service Environment.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAI) / ACCA / CPA
- 3-4 years post-qualification experience with either
- Mid-or top-tier accounting firm focused on external or Assurance reviews
- MNC or larger domestic Indian companies, preferably within a Shared Service Environment.
- Semi Qualified with 6+ years of relevant Assurance work experience
- Expert knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of UKGAAP or US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture and teaming and live EY values
- Ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues within Indian and global teams
- Qualified chartered accountant (ICAI, CPA or ACCA)
- Internship with other top or mid-tier accounting firm
- 5 to 8 years of post-qualification experience with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm, focused on external or statutory assurance matters for an MNC or a large Indian company, preferably within a shared services environment
- EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across
- six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling
- career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
When you share CV, please mention below:
Subject line: EY_GDS_CoreAssurance_Position_Location (for e.g. EY_GDS_CoreAssurance_Manager _Bengaluru)
In the email, please highlight:
- Total no. of years of exp
- List of current / previous employers
I will personally review the applications, and will not take forward any application which does not meet the mentioned criteria. One of our members will refer you to EY directly.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.