Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist
Job Views: 55
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 497 Days ago
Are you investigative in nature? Are you able to spot risks and manage them? Join our team; we are looking for someone who can:
• perform independent Design Effectiveness (DE) and Operating Effectiveness (OE) tests as per the defined Testing Approach with primary focus on Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's standard number 239 (BCBS-239) related controls
• design test approaches which align to regulatory rules and guidance, in line with defined testing methodology and operating procedures
• work independently and manage own workload to meet internal and external deadlines
• address and clear review points raised through the internal Quality Assurance (QA) review process in a thorough and timely manner
• escalate potential testing issues / exceptions to appropriate management and stakeholders
• ensure effective stakeholder management with control owners, operational risk managers, business aligned controllers and other senior stakeholders
• maintain control testing issue logs, ensuring they are kept up-to-date and are clear and concise
• provide timely updates on the testing status to relevant test lead
• participate in weekly/monthly progress meetings with control owners and contribute to discussions relating to control issues and fails
• keep abreast of regulatory developments and maintain technical knowledge
Roles & Responsibilities
The Independent Management Testing (IMT) program is a second line assurance function within UBS Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance whose objective is to ensure that management's controls are designed and operating effectively to mitigate significant risks.
You will be working in the global BCBS-239 Independent Validation Team (IVT) in Mumbai, aligned to the global Independent Management Testing (IMT) program. The IMT role is to perform the controls testing for regulatory programs including SOX and BCBS-239. You will work with regular engagement with UBS process owners in a variety of UBS global offices, and therefore working hours will be flexible.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
• CA or equivalent audit or accounting qualification/ MBA or equivalent business qualification
• 5+ years' experience in Financial Services or Big 4 practice with experience in either Control Framework Design/Testing, Internal Audit or Risk Reporting
• experience and knowledge of risk management and internal control frameworks, with a proven track record of successful delivery of both a day-to-day mandate, change initiatives and able to meet fixed deadlines
• undertaken independent risk and control assessments or reviews on across the breadth of an organization
• experience performing tests of controls such as internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) or BCBS-239 specific testing
• very good written and spoken English
• the ability to deal with a large workload and prioritize competing demands with an eye for process improvement, planning and organization
• knowledge of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's standard number 239 (BCBS-239) or experience performing regulatory controls testing (preferable but not mandatory)
• risk focused and able to distinguish between material and non-material issues
• strong at organising, especially planning and time management and known for hitting deadlines
• analytical, good at problem-solving (you know how to figure stuff out)
• good with people and have the ability to collaborate with a diverse team and get on with people who you are reviewing/testing
• analytical with a keen eye for detail
• tenacious yet diplomatic
• result-oriented and assertive (you don't shy away from challenging situations)
• known for hitting deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.