Job Views: 156
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 416 Days ago
AVP – Hedge Accounting is expected to act as an individual contributor delivering P&L production, analysis & commentaries, P&L and Balance Sheet Reconciliations & substantiation, Hedge Designations/Documentations, De-designation & Re designations (Fair Value, Cash Flow Hedge- Micro and Macro and Fair Value Options), having sound knowledge of Interest Rate Swaps & Bond valuation and reporting activities pertaining to Global Markets business
The role is expected to cover the following areas of responsibility:
- To ensure all Hedge Accounting processes are performed in line with Hedge Accounting FIM and SOX compliance.
- Ensure service delivery of Finance Product Control processes per the standards set out in agreed SLAs within the HSBC Global Resourcing operating framework taking into account key operational risk (including people & processes) and ways to mitigate them and operating a well-defined control environment
- Functionally manage a team of finance professionals managing contingencies, learning & development, succession & progression planning, expectations and attrition management.
- Initiate and implement high-impact quality projects leading to operational efficiency and higher productivity (Within Six Sigma, Lean process improvement methodology)
- Continuous review of processes with the objective of improving the service delivery timeframes and identify areas of improvement
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
- Participate in Hedge Accounting Transformation Program
- Leading ad hoc project and analysis work requested by line management
- Adhering to and actively supporting established policies and procedures in own team
- Acting as an initial point of escalation for team members
- Acting in an advisory role/influence the direction of own discipline
- Acting proactively and coming up with ideas for enhancements to the team's activities
- Directly influencing the operational effectiveness of the team
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/ CWA/CPA /CFA / MBA from Tier I/II institute with at least 8+ years of experience in Hedge Accounting
- Knowledge of various Global Market products like Equities, Foreign Exchange, fixed income, Derivatives - Options, Interest rate swaps, Credit Derivatives etc.
- Good knowledge of IAS 39/IFRS 9 is mandatory, specifically related to Hedge Accounting strategies.
- Proven ability to manage migrations of finance processes and exposure to diverse/multi-culture work environments with strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills are mandatory
- Interpersonal skills: persistent, ability to work effectively with senior & junior staff, ability to challenge inputs from senior colleagues in a constructive manner, ability to give feedback positively, co-ordinate work across multiple teams, multi-tasker
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience in working on MS Access databases
- Ideally, experience of functionally managing team of between 3-5 members or experience of being a senior/deputy within a team.
- Global Exposure and experience in multi-tasking
Job Field: Finance
Role Workstyle: Office Working
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-Haryana-Gurgaon
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Job Posting: 24-Nov-2021, 07:45:27
Closing date: 24-Dec-2021, 18:29:00
Send CV to the email below (see under How to apply Section)
Email Subject - "CA_HSBC_AVP_ProductControl_Gurugram"
In the email, please mention
- your current employer and position (if any)
- No of years exp (post quaification)
- your articleship firm
- other notes: your ca final results (rank, attempt, exemptions),
- your current location
- are you willing to relocate
For latest job updates, join the follwing telegram group
Group for discusscion: https://telegram.me/ca_freshers_exp
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.