Associate Sr. Analyst, Business Analysis
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience2 - 4 Years
Job Views: 88
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 629 Days ago
The GBSC Analytics and Automation - MyMPA Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing analytical insight to the company by managing a multi-dimensional database and reporting environment in support of worldwide internal Mastercard needs.
• We generate data marts in Essbase that are accessed via a web based front end tool (called MyMPA) which provides standard and adhoc reporting access to performance data for about 2,400 active internal users throughout Mastercard offices globally.
• We are seeking a functional and technical expert in Essbase who can perform a diverse set of functions: Level 2 Helpdesk response, develop new reports using Excel and Dodeca, manage the development and ongoing enhancement of an existing set of Essbase applications for our Sales and Account Management team.
• This team member must be comfortable in managing in our Essbase and Windows Server environment and working with a diverse group of teams, especially regional Finance and Account Management.
1 Have you ever worked on an enterprise-wide reporting solution that relied heavily on your own knowledge and resourcefulness to maintain the solution?
2 Are you constantly hungry to learn? Do you have the “growth mindset” as opposed to the “fixed mindset”?
3 Do you love working with people, helping them and resolving their questions about data and processes?
4 Are you accomplished in Essbase development? Are you an expert of calc scripts, report scripts, outline loads and MaxL?
Roles & Responsibilities
• Constantly liaison with key internal financial power users on their data needs for tracking account performance and perform all necessary development in Essbase of those changes.
• Perform all production refreshes and consolidations of the data presented in solutions. Develop and execute regression tests on changes to cubes.
• Interact with internal users all over the world in addressing their questions about operational data that comes from our team.
• Manage the functional and technical components of the department’s compliance with audit requirements. (Security audits, portal maintenance, communications, etc.)
• Educate yourself constantly on our department’s technologies and develop best practices around meeting user’s needs.
• Liaison with the internal groups in Mastercard Operations and Technology to ensure our solutions remain in compliance with Mastercard technical standards.
• Be a Level 2 resource that is comfortable diving deep into solutions and process flows/breaks. Be comfortable doing the same with data – being able to dive deep into datasets to answer questions.
• Support our quarterly earnings release process with data and problem troubleshooting.
• Perform audit checks on the reporting suite after metadata changes occur. Remediate reports that require updates because of underlying database changes to metadata or data.
• Perform changes requested by the business on reports and development of new reporting.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
• Very strong Essbase development and administration skills, in both BSO and ASO. You have developed several solutions before, from requirements gathering through to complete, robust production solutions.
• Very strong Excel skills. You are a master of working with Excel on reconciliations. Very comfortable performing data reconciliations. Can easily navigate large quantities of data and find reconciling items between two data sources.
• Very strong VBA skills in MS Office. The Dodeca tool is a reporting tool and repository against Essbase databases that starts as Excel workbooks. Your deep understanding of VBA will translate into being able to develop in Dodeca using workbook scripting.
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal. One-on-one interaction with US colleagues for gathering and analyzing their requirements is a necessity.
• Be able to work on a team using the Agile development methodology that is highly responsive to the business. Our team is part of the Finance organization – you must be comfortable with working as part of the business with a strong “roll up your sleeves” mentality.
• Comfortable working with a mostly remote team, checking in regularly and being able to work independently with little to no in-person oversight.
• Time shifted hours requested covering until 1PM US Eastern Standard time (“Europe Shift”). Available for occasional weekend and late afternoon US EST support.
• Alteryx and Tableau skills preferred, as is any prior experience in learning new technologies and building out robust solutions with them.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.