Analyst – Strategy Research
Deloitte US GLS India
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience0 - 4 Years
Job Views: 104
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 745 Days ago
Analyst – Strategy Research – Deloitte Support Services India Private Limited
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the world of business insights, market intelligence and strategy development? Do you find the interplay of business economics/financials, industry dynamics, and macroeconomic environment thrilling? If yes, then CoRe Research Services is the team for you. The team supports, develops, writes, and presents market intelligence outputs for internal practitioners across the globe powering Deloitte’s market strategies with insights.
Work you’ll do
- Work on research-based insights which will be used to drive strategies and decision making for the leadership
- Analyze competitors’ performance and strategies, perform industry and sector analysis, and economic analysis with focus on demand for professional services, regulatory environment assessments, and assessment of Deloitte’s own performance and strategies
- Liaise with colleagues from Deloitte offices spread across the globe and stakeholders to understand, refine, and manage project expectations and priorities
- Support in designing research proposal and formulating research plan through scoping
- Extract the most relevant information answering the research needs from the relevant databases. Learn and apply established research tools and methodologies to develop innovative research ideas
- In-depth qualitative analysis by connecting various pieces of information, identifying patterns and forming logical structure to present a compelling story. Financial analysis, and strategic frameworks are used extensively in the team’s output.
- Present the key findings using strong business writing, and storyboarding skills. Presents accurate data in appropriate charts and graphs. Follow brand guidelines and prepare uncluttered reports.
- Execute research projects ensuring quality and timelines in teams, or independently. Follow project execution guidelines around communication, sharing regular updates/flags, and addressing ‘key intelligence questions’ in agreed upon timelines.
- Provide consultative research solutions to senior Deloitte practitioners and suggest alternatives, and creative solutions to address current and anticipatory needs of clients and stakeholders. Take the relationship beyond transactional level.
- Participate in team level operational and brainstorming activities.
Work Timings: 11 AM - 8 PM Or, 2 PM - 11 PM
Roles & Responsibilities
Core Skills required
- Ability to clearly understand the research requirements through effective listening, comprehension, and probing skills
- Adept in conducting preliminary research to ascertain data availability and estimate time/effort. Use this as input for scope
- Ability to find information from authentic sources in an efficient manner. This would require,
- Excellent knowledge of databases, public sources of information, and/or industry specific sources, databases related to professional service industry
- Ability to validate/triangulate sources for relevancy and accuracy
Analysis and strategic thinking
- Analytical skills to provide actionable insights to practitioners. This will require,
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skill.
- Quantitative analysis of financial statements and operating metrics
- Understanding of various strategic / forecasting models and frameworks
- Ability to create and validate hypothesis
- Ability to generate extrapolative and forward-looking insights
- Experience in processing information in compelling visualization within logical structure is preferred skill
- Understand the organization’s strategy, mission and vision and ability to align though process in sync with the strategy
Expertise in one-or-more (or specific) industry is preferred, especially in terms of,
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) specific to the industry
- Understanding of the demand-supply-prices and economic factors driving the KPIs
- Trends, information sources, and dynamics in the industry
Business writing and communication
- Strong business writing skills—narrative, appealing, succinct. Should be able to convey complex research ideas in a compelling and easier way through writing
- Strong storyboarding skills are preferred.
- Adept at written communication with stakeholders in adherence to email etiquettes
- Prior experience in report writing for senior management and/or external publications is an added advantage.
- Provide research insights in form of internal strategic documents that can inform senior executives in taking strategic decision
- Articulate ideas and point of views in a confident and effective manner in client calls during all stages of the project lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex ideas succinctly for senior executives
Good data visualization skills and ability to present data analysis in intuitive graphical and tabular formats. Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization tools will be an advantage
Project and stakeholder management
- Experience in managing projects of varied complexity and duration. Align processes, resources-planning and departmental goals with overall strategy support required
- Ability to plan and implement project plans
- Experience in working with and managing multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization.
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
- Post graduate degree with a work experience of 2-4 years, including at least one years in corporate strategy or a similar function is preferable
- Understanding of business operations and macroeconomic dynamics
- Ability to connect financial metrics with operational activities and macroeconomic events
- Excellent business writing and report writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Solid research skills and familiarity with various research tools
Deloitte US GLS India
CoRe Research Services (CoRe RS) provides secondary research and analysis services to global Deloitte Member Firms in support of pursuit, business development, practice development and client engagements. The team uses exclusive sources, specialized research skills and industry expertise to develop insightful research reports delivering significant value to their customers across Deloitte’s global network.
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.