Work locationDelhi NCR
Salary₹0 - ₹0
Experience0 - 2 Years
Job Views: 278
Job Applicants: coming soon
Posted: 539 Days ago
Core responsibility is to execute design assessment and operating effectiveness testing of controls in accordance with testing plans and aligned to relevant policies, procedures and quality standards providing assurance to Management that the processes and controls within the reviewed Business Unit are effectively designed and operating to mitigating the identified risks. This will include:
• Maintaining the overall risk and control framework within Barclays Finance and supported BUs.
• Ensuring compliance toSOx requirements
• SupportAVP and VP in influencing stakeholders in BUs served by Finance Controls Assurance to embed a strong control environment and risk management culture
What will you be doing?
Control Environment -
• Ensure all assigned Controls Testing related requirements are complied in accordance to the Barclays Control Framework and SOX testing methodology. .
• Support the AVP and VP in Yearly SOX Scoping and Half Yearly refresh.
• PerformProcess Design Assessments, Testing of Controls (Manual,), Change Control etc. Understanding of Automated Business Controls and General Computing Controls.
• Prepare reports and MI for Control Committees and other Goverance Forums. Maintain and track Issues MI, DEA and OET Planners, etc.
• Support a culture of Risk and Governance in Finance Governance and Controls,through Risk Campaign, and other activities. Partner with the CBP teams as required.
• Support the Risk Management and Control agenda for Finance Controls Assurance, to identify the key business process risks, determine the design and operational effectiveness of all the controls and drive remedial actions.
• Identify Risks and Controls and develop an appropriate assuranceapproach.
• Assist VP and AVP in influencing / convincing the stakeholders to understand risks and agree to the issues identified.
• Coordinate with and support External Auditors in their Design Assessment and Control Testing.
• Perform post incident reviews to identify root causes, ensure necessary remedial action is implemented and ensure learning points are shared across functions.
• Identify and implement opportunities to rationalise the Risks and Controls without compromising on the Control Environment and Barclays Risk Appetite.
• Champion a culture of customer service and continuous improvement within Barclays Finance and other relevant areas. Ensure that opportunities for controls, process and service improvements are encouraged.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities to create efficiencies in the process and implement them..
• Ensure compliance with applicable policies to Barclays Finance.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert to ensure that all policies are interpreted and implemented as per Group guidelines.
• Perform regular testing and reviews across Business Units supported by Finance Governance and Controls Team to ensure 100% policy as well as regulatory compliance.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your Skills and experience
Your Experience and qualifications
Qualified Chartered accountant with 1-2 years post qualification audit experience in a reputed firm / MBA Financewith relevant work experience
• Commercial knowledge including industry experience on SOx and Risk Management practices including but not limited to Internal Audit. Ability to communicate internal control concepts clearly, in a business context.
• Influencing and convincing skills to impact decisions of onshore and offshore stakeholders and external stakeholders. Keeps stakeholders (including Auditors) up-to-date with the progress of the audit work, observation status
• Ability to interpret, analyse and derive logical conclusions on data patterns.
• Verbal and written communication skills to influence Internal and External stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficient in use of MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point)
• Knowledge of internal control and regulatory requirements & practice e.g. Turnbull, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO.
• A comprehensive knowledge, and practical experience, of the main operational processes within the business and a good understanding of the procedures and control framework. Awareness of the specific current requirements of the US GAAP / IFRS/IAS regimes
• Working level knowledge on/exposure to Financial Accounting and Reporting processes, Treasury activities from Origination to Reporting across Capital Markets - Debt & Equity Issuances, Treasury Product Control etc, Finance processes in Retail and Corporate Banking, IFRS accounting and reporting standards.
Send CV to the link below (see under How to apply Section)
For latest job updates, join the follwing telegram group
Group for discusscion: https://telegram.me/ca_freshers_exp
How to Apply
To check the email or link to apply for this job, just LOGIN using your Social Login below (No need to register separately)
NOTE: If you are using MOBILE and if you want to use GMAIL login through LINKEDIN Browser, then Google will not allow you to login and will give ERROR. You need to "Open Link in Browser" and then try to login.